PitPoint has opened Europe’s first shore-to-ship Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) bunker station for inland shipping at the Niehler Hafen in Cologne.
“Bunkering LNG at PitPoint is easy, fast and safe. Our bunkering station is manned and available 24/7.”
The Benefits of a permanent LNG bunkering station
- Located along the Rhine
- 24/7 availability
- Faster bunkering compared to Truck-to-ship bunkering thanks to powerful pumps
- Bunker guidance by professional service engineers
- LNG storage tank with a capacity of 200 m³
- Prepared for bunkering two ships simultaneously
- No bunker permit required
The bunkering process
Wondering how this permanent LNG bunkering station in Cologne works?
Pieter Kool, Operations & Safety Manager at PitPoint.LNG, explains it in 5 clear steps.
An overview of all LNG bunkering locations in Europe can be found in the LNG bunkering location overview on PitPoint’s website. This bunker station is co-financed by the European union.
This article is courtesy of pitpointcleanfuels.com.